User Support Specialist
KoBoToolbox, developed by the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, is a state-of-the-art open source suite of tools for primary data collection and analysis used by dozens of organizations humanitarian emergencies and other challenging environments. HHI’s mission is to relieve human suffering in war and disaster by advancing the science and practice of humanitarian response worldwide.
As a result of the strong demand by the humanitarian community for our tools and expertise, we are currently expanding our team. We are seeking a User Support Specialist to provide additional support to our user support team. As a part-time member of our support staff, the individual will have a crucial role in providing technical support and guidance to our tens of thousands of users. The User Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to tickets in our helpdesk system, moderating and responding to posts in our community forum, and provide feedback based on users experience for suggested improvements to KoBo. The individual will be part of a growing, dynamic, and highly motivated team tasked with design, implementation, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing in a continuous integration process.
This is a customer-facing user support role which requires excellent customer service and communication skills. A successful candidate will possess a broad knowledge of all aspects of KoBoToolbox. This individual will thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, have an interest in the work conducted by HHI, and have a desire to acquire and apply new skills.
- This position is entirely remote, requiring a stable and fast Internet connection to use cloud-based customer support platform, regular voice/video chats with other team members, and ongoing text communication with the KoBo team
- Applicants able to work during Middle Eastern or East/South Asian business hours are preferred (during the period 00:00-13:00 UTC).
- 2+ years of professional mobile data collection experience
- 1+ years of technical user support experience preferred (conducting trainings, 1-on-1 tutoring, remote support, etc. related to KoBo, mobile data collection, or other technical fields)
- In-depth experience using KoBoToolbox as well as other ODK-based tools (XLSForm, Ona, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and English communication skills
- Ability to work remotely in a team setting
- Self-motivated and committed to daily responsibilities
- Respond and provide resolutions to users in a timely manner
- Moderate and respond to posts on the KoBo Community Forum
- Troubleshoot software, user, and server issues
- Help edit user support help articles and tutorials
- Make recommendations for improvements to KoBo based on user experiences
- This is a part-time contractor position, fees are commensurate with experience
How to Apply
- Please fill out this application form to submit your application
- You will be able to include your motivation letter and attach your resume within the form